Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Kansas Rejuvination

          This Thursday I payed my annual visit to the Kern County Fair. And out of no planning or knowledge of mine, I stumbled upon a practicing group of old musicians playing Kansas songs, so I
stood and watched, thinking it was just a tribute band. I started to recognize their faces, and once I saw the eye patch of guitarist Rich Williams I knew that I was in fact witnessing the practice of the one and only Kansas, being a classic rock fanatic I was very giddy. I was amazed how these guys could still rock n roll. After they finished practicing, I noticed a sign, "Official Kansas Tour, Thursday 8:00" so me and a buddy continued enjoying the fair, planning to be back for the concert.
         As we got back around 7:20, enjoying some of the grease-infused fair food we noticed a very long line leading to the concert, so we just settled for sitting outside of the stands and just listening, but as everyone else got their seats we luckily managed to grab some decent ones for ourselves. The crowd consisted of mostly older people, but nonetheless everyone was excited. The setlist consisted of all their greatest hits, songs I thought would never leave my iPod, but there I was, just feet away from these greats reciting their own timeless masterpieces. 
          After the concert, my voice was practically gone after screaming like a little fan girl, but probably the highlight for me was when I waved and a couple of the members waved back at me, I'll take that as permission to post about them in my blog. I encourage you guys to listen to some older music, and even see some of these old guys live, cause I'll tell ya they can still rock your socks off.

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment